|It is mandatory for every Medical College in India to have a Pharmacovigilance Committee, as per regulations of Medical Council of India, 2010. Therefore, the Pharmacovigilance Committee of GMC, Azamgarhhas been constituted.|
|The broad goal of the committee will be to generate awareness about the need of identifying and reporting of Adverse Drug Reactions(ADRs), amongst all sections of healthcare providers (Doctors, Nurses,Pharmacist, Post-graduates and Under-graduate students, Service providers,etc.) of GMC, Azamgarh to identify the ADRs occurring in patients coming to the institute for treatment and report the same to the appropriate authorities.|
|1. To generate awareness about ADRs amongst health care providers and students of the institute, by different activities.
2. To identify ADRs occurring in the patients coming to the institute for treatment and to report the same to the appropriate authorities.
3. Tocarryout causality assessment of ADRs
4. To undertake scientific and research activities pertaining to ADRs.
5. To takeup activities to strengthen the ongoing National Pharmacovigilance Programme.
|Scope of the Committee:|
|The committee shall meet once in 2-3months. The committee shall be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring of various activities of the Pharmacovigilance Programme of India(PvPI).|
|Role of Pharmacovigilance (Pv) Associate:|
|1. Pv Associate will be responsible for interacting with Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists and other Health Care Professionals(HCP) for collecting and reporting ADRs.
2. He will also sensitize the HCPs and spread awareness regarding the importance of ADR reporting.
3. Development, maintenance and evaluation of the ADR records within the Organization.
4. The organizational dissemination and use of information obtained through this programme.
5. Presentation of important ADRs to the committee.